As the world begins to gradually reopen, Bear Country has modified our health and wellbeing standards for Guests and Staff. Once you begin to travel you want to make sure that the place you are travelling to for your vacation has put guidelines in place to protect you and your family.
At Bear Country, the safety of our guests and team members is our highest priority. We are doing everything we can to ensure your travel safety and provide maximum flexibility as we all learn more on dealing with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
When you are ready to travel again, we understand that you will understandably have a heightened awareness and expectation of cleanliness when it comes to your choice of accommodations. We will maintain the COVID-19 protocols while still providing the friendly and casual experience Bear Country is known for.
At Bear Country these changes in procedures/guidelines are to ensure the health and safety of guests, owners and staff are maintained using information from different sources– including the BC Centre for Disease Control
and Prevention (CDC) the BC Hotel Association
, the World Health Organization (WHO)
and Health Canada
Here are some of the changes you can expect.
- There is a redesigned front desk check-in area with physical barriers to separate staff and guests. A ‘guest zone’ will be marked at each check-in workstation. There are reference markers (e.g., markings on the floor) that set out 2-meter distances between guests and keep the guest away from the front desk.
- Improve check-in by offering an express check-in option on direct bookings at the Hearthstone and Cahilty Hotels to minimize guest/staff interaction and help get your vacation started quicker.
- On Condo online-check-in, the guest will be emailed check-in information and codes. Visitor guides, maps and parking passes will be in their condo and additionally all info will show through the app
- Guests can download the new Bear Country App prior to arrival to better plan their vacation and be aware of any changes that may arise within the resort.
- Enhanced and thorough cleaning protocols have be implemented in guest rooms & condos. When possible, guest rooms will not be entered for 24 hours after check-out. Room preparation all touch points, for example, faucets, door handles, light switches, thermostats, clocks and hangers will be cleaned with chemicals aimed at disinfecting for COVID-19.
- Housekeepers will not enter your room or condo during your stay. Clean linen, towels, toiletries, amenities are available upon request. (for hotels only)
- Maintenance will inspect all electronics and appliances prior to your arrival to avoid unnecessary trips to your room or condo for items that need repair.
Enhanced Cleaning Protocols.
- In the Hearthstone and Cahilty Hotels, increased cleaning frequency of public areas (lobbies, elevators, public restrooms, stairwells) will be done by specific cleaning team, who will focus on maintaining a hygienic and sanitary environment.
- Guest-accessible hand sanitizers at entrances and high traffic areas
- Some Hotel amenities including the fitness center, business centre, hot tubs, lobby coffee and vending machines will be closed until new directions is received from the local health authorities.
- Enhanced Bear Country Team Member safety and well-being is improved with personal protective equipment and enhanced training and protocols for interacting with guests and other co-workers. All work areas will be cleaned and disinfected after every shift.
- Added signage throughout the hotel properties to provide guidance to guest and staff on safety practices.
- Limits of two meters social distancing in common areas like elevators (limit 2 people), restrooms, and lobby areas.
At Bear Country we realize that our COVID-19 procedures and guidelines are evolving as conditions change. We are open to receive any guest input on any ideas you may have to help us improve in this area.